There are many things to consider before starting a Blog for the first time! Read them here:
WHO SHOULD START A BLOG?
(1) If you like to just share lighter comments, views on any topic, you can start a blog as similar to (though not as an alternative) having a Facebook Page or Twitter page, and write whatever you want in it. No writing skills are required for the same. You can invite your family and friends to follow your blog that shares family functions, some ideas, etc.
(2) If you have some knowledge on any particular topic such as garment making, craft making, travel, touring, cooking, drawing, etc, you can start a blog and write whatever you know about a particular topic.
(3) If you are able to educate the students on their school or college subjects, you can start a blog on your related subject. Eg: Blog on Chemistry or Physics or Mathematics or economics or history or on any other subject of any class/ standard. This will be used by the students who are studying in that particular class.
(4) You can also start a blog on any All India Entrance Exams such as AIEEE, IIT-JEE, NEET, etc.
(5) You can also start a blog on short stories, historial characters, spiritual characters, spiritual topics, etc.
(6) You can also start a blog to post cartoons, Jokes, political reviews, sports, etc.
In general, you can start a blog on any topic that is legal.
DO’s AND DON’Ts IN A BLOG?
(1) Post only the newly created contents that are your own product. Never post the contents that are copied from any other blog, website, printed book, etc.
(2) It is also wrong to make some slight changes in the contents of others and post it. The search engines will find out what you did and there will be chances for your getting banned in the search results. Or, you may invite legal actions from the original authors of the contents.
(3) Be a responsible blogger with a self discipline. Never post the contents that are against the national and international security, laws, etc. Blogs on creating groups for terrorism or illegal activities, vulgarity, hate speech, adult contents involving the children, destroying the peace, etc must be avoided to remain safe all the time. If these contents are posted, you have the risk of getting banned by the search engines, blogging platform, hosting provider, etc. In addition to that, you also have the high risk of getting caught by the police.
(4) Never think that you are independent and untraceable in internet since you are not posting your own solitary or remote location or address. Posting from any corner of this world anonymously can be easily found out by the authorities if you violate the national and international security or any other above mentioned violations. By using your device IP address that is recorded by the Internet Service Providers (ISP) or Hosting Provider and the signal tower and the reaching point of the signals, your exact location can be easily identified by the authorities. Therefore, use the blogs or sites in a responsible manner.
(5) Though you can comment on any topic using the freedom of expression, it should not violate the decency level and there should be no personal attacks.
(6) In general, use the blogging only for legally knowledge sharing and genuinely social purposes. Because anyone can be watched from any corner of the world.
(7) Everyone is busy in this world and no one has any obligation to read our boring stories. Therefore, ensure you are going to write only quality and useful contents and most importantly in an interesting way and to the point. If you feel that you do not have such a kind of writing skills, either learn how to write articles and then blog or avoid blogging.
WHICH PLATFORM TO USE FOR BLOGGING – FREE OR SELF HOSTED?
Now, you have to decide in which platform to start a blog.
There are generally two options:
(i) THE FREE BLOGGING PLATFORM HOSTED BY OTHERS:
There are many blogging platforms available. Five well known popular examples are:
Out of these Five free blogging platforms, Blogger and wordpress.com are very popular. However, you can choose any platform out of the above ten.
My recommendation to the starters is the first two blogging platforms:
www.blogger.com and www.wordpress.com
Blogger allows you to use your own CUSTOM DOMAIN NAME like our blog https://dailyearningtips.com .
We will see in detail in our other posts about choosing the free blogging platforms by analyzing the features in them.
(ii) SELF HOSTED WORDPRESS BLOGS:
This requires some knowledge that can be gained with a sincere attempt to learn. Even after you start blogging, you can learn one by one.
To do this, YOU NEED (i) A PURCHASED DOMAIN NAME, (ii) A HOSTING PROVIDER TO HOST YOUR BLOG (Like renting the space in the internet to keep your contents through a Content Management System (CMS) like WORDPRESS.
Here, you will need to take care of the maintenance of your blogs including the security, updating the programs and CMS, backing up your blog regularly to be used in case of any future needs, adding additional features, managing the renewals of domain names, hosting accounts, trouble shooting, etc.
We will see in detail how to start a Self hosted blog and its differences with the free platforms, in another post.
We are going to see all the features and the tutorials of blogging and site making in this blog. Follow them one by one.
IN WHICH PLATFORM YOU SHOULD START YOUR FIRST BLOG?
You may straightaway start as a self hosted wordpress blog like ours. But, till you learn all the blogging techniques and trouble shooting, you may have to bear the cost of domain and hosting costs for atleast six months or one year. If it is okay for you, start a self hosted blog straightaway.
However, you may also start a blog in any of the above free blogging platforms till you learn the blogging techniques and then switch all the contents to the Self hosted version later, but, before you develop so much of traffic. Because, switching to the self hosted blogs after getting so many followers in the free platform may result in losing the traffic we gained in the previous free blog. Therefore, if you start a free blogging platforms and later like to switch, do it within about 3-6 months of starting a free blog to avoid much loss of your traffic and subscribers.
DO YOU START THE BLOG CASUALLY FOR JUST SHARING SOMETHING (OR) SERIOUSLY TO EARN?
Many like to start a blog just to share something to others and they are not prepared for serious blogging. They need not plan much. They can start just using a free blogging platform.
Whereas, if anyone likes to earn through is blog, he should take blogging seriously and has to take many steps to make his blog capable to earn well.
We will discuss how to earn through blogs in this site in other posts.
Read all the blogging secrets one by one.
Wish you a happy blogging.
Next, read this article on this subject: